Team Tempo-Sport - exersciences
71 Team Rider mit einem gemeinsamen Ziel: Speed and Emotions

Montag, 20. Februar 2012

How to survive an Ironman 70.3


In order to wake up my body from the winter sleep, I opened the triathlon season in the hot and humid Sri Lanka. It was the craziest race I have ever experienced. The swim was nice and I came out of the water as first amateur. The bike leg took place in the middle of Indian style traffic. It was like a video game where you bike behind buses, between cars, and get chased by dogs. During my first lap (out of three), the volunteers had no clue how to guide the cyclists; I got misguided 4 times and lost around 5 minutes in total. That was too much adrenalin for my taste and maybe the reason why my average power was almost 300 watt, which allowed me to get off the bike as the leading amateur. Due to the very hot and humid weather condition (35 degrees), I once again did not manage to run fast but was happy to produce a very steady and controlled pace until the end. Even if I did not win this time, I am very happy with the second place and my shape at this early stage of the season. Somehow I’m also glad that I survived the race without accidents.

Pablo Erat




Keine Kommentare: